OUR WATCH LEADS - OWL, LDA
Rua Pedro Nunes, IPN, Bloco-C 3030-199 Coimbra
+351 915 619 977
+351 926 876 216
Our Watch Leads (OWL) is a start-up that participates in the European Space Agency Business Incubation Centre Alumni Network, the company is democratizing the access to Satellite Earth Observation and GIS Data.
OWL is developing several products that combine Satellite Earth Observation and GIS Data, the Global Navigation Satellite System, as well as advanced Machine Learning and Deep Learning Algorithms. Products that are adding value in several sectors such as the AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction), Real Estate and Smart Cities.
Co-founder Managing Partner
Co-founder - Technical Advisor
BIM Coordinator + CO2 accounting
Geospatial Data Scientist
Business Data Scientist
BIM + Digital Twins
The team consists of Architects and Engineers, with experience and qualifications to license and detail projects for highly complex constructions, to use artificial intelligence, processing data from satellite and GIS sources, thus achieving the proper diagnosis of intervention sites and applying predictive algorithms to evaluate the evolution of a particular property or operation. The data obtained is essential to start work governed by good practices.
OWL is therefore focused on correctly interpreting the context of the intervention area and the customer's expectations. One of the team's mottoes is the focus on getting off to a good start:
"Start well to deliver well."
“Our Watch Leads (OWL) stands for a vision that leads the development of smarter territories and cities, greener buildings and neighbourhoods. It also means that this vision is "Ours", in the sense that it is shared between OWL and its suppliers, customers and associates. Our Watch Leads is a vision shared with all the people that identify with and want to join this leadership.”
At OWL we usually tell our clients that "even when we only evaluate a single land property, there are better and worse areas to build in, wouldn't you rather plan your building or infrastructure in the best areas?"
Our Watch Leads – OWL's mission is to help bring sustainibility to the construction and real estate sectors. The company is democratizing the access to Satellite and GIS data, enabling users to understand and use this data sets and the various concrete parameters that derive from them.
OWL's products allow remote access to various parameters such as topography and soil at risk of collapse, land surface temperature, water in the soil and biodiversity, among others. This is achieved by the assessment of several square kilometers simultaneously, with resolutions of up to 0.30m/pixel, with higher speed and more relevant values, that complement traditional in-situ survey methods.
This allows users to save time and resources, a practical example is to think that OWL allows access to historical data of vegetation, waterways, temperature and urban development, to get this type of data means losing several days of research in scattered sources of online information, or alternatively empirically, it would imply spending several days at the site of intervention, in all seasons and in more than one year. Projects simply do not have this kind of time.
It is for these reasons that we invite those interested to get to know our offer, so pertinent in times like the present when it is important to reduce travel expenses and emissions.
Awards and Recognition
- Wins PHArA-ON grant to test mobile app prototype with users from Caritas Coimbra and UCMARE;
- Presents Satellite Earth Observation in the High-Level Construction Forum organized by the European Commission;
- Presents the company in Portugal Smart Cities Summit, invited by the Municipal Government of Coimbra;·
- Participation in the Web Summit 2022 with the Alpha pack granted by the program Road2Web Summit;
- Presents the company in Coimbra Cooletiva;
- Participation with mentoring in Coimbra Space Summer School 2022;
- Participation with mentoring in Inneostart 2022;
- Participation with mentoring in Act in Space 2022.
- Licensing of the first green neighbourhood with an architecture design based on a diagnosis with Satellite Earth Observation Technology, with 207 apartments on a plot of 18,128.00 m2;
- Wins the Metabuilding Seed Voucher;
- Gained access to the NEANIAS Program;
- Interview for Startup Tales from Startup Portugal;
- Copernicus Masters International Finalist - Bay Wa;
- OWL presents Satellite Earth Observation in Urban Development at CEES 2021 by Itecons.
- 1st place at Portuguese Cassini Hackaton;
- Finalist at International Cassini Hackaton.
- Gained access to the Startup Voucher Program;
- Gained access to the Astropreneurs Program;
- 1st place in Act in Space Portugal;
- Act in Space International finalist;
- Gained access to the Go2Space Program;
- Gained access to the European Space Agency Business Incubation Center Portugal Program;
- Startup Voucher for the company's achievement.
What our clients say about us
“Our watch Leads team was essential when it came to creating a sustainable project. For us, more than a simple residential project, we were looking for innovative solutions that would add value to our enterprise. With the satellite data survey, we managed to make the most of the space and discover the biodiversity of the land, resulting in the presentation of a spectacular water line along the intervention and turning our property into a green neighbourhood, with maximum balance between the environment, the well-being of users and our profitability. The OWL team presented a proposal that exceeded our expectations. Simply brilliant!”